Thursday 31 March 2011

The shop has a name!

31/03/11
On the move again, we begin our day with a bus journey from Agra to Jaipur, Rajasthan! I am begining to enjoy the bus journeys alot, i find it relaxing to sit with or without music plaing and just think and today was a day of revelation. My future spice shop has a name...'Typical Spice Shoppy' inspired by this trip to India and my enjoyment every time I see a good sign...'Agra marble shoppy',' Typical restaurant', 'decent guesthouse', 'Ok guesthouse,' 'John is here' (I suspect 'join us here' was intended though john may very well be there' , I believe this name is perfect.

In Agra we discovered our first 'Cafe Coffee Day' which is an Indian coffee chain...who would have thought it takes a trip to India for my to finally succumb to a coffee chain, but the aircon was sooooo good! We got takeaway spinach and sweetcorn sandwiches and some biscuits for our journey. I unfortunately lost half of my sandwich to the bus curtains due to a badly times sneeze...its ok nobody noticed except Alicia. I am now on to a fresh notebook, which means I'm catching up on the blog! The first page is filled with my spice shop ramblings, a little doodle and a declaration of love for the 5rs pen I bought in Nepal, I also state that anything is possible in India and nothing is a surprise after seeing a man showering in the doorway of his bus. Literally the only thing that would shock me would be the discovery that someone is not trying to openly overcharge me!

On the bus today I see a sign..'BEWARE. ALL ROADS LEAD TO HELL'...this is not a happy thought so i hope that this sign is very wrong. There is a man and a little boy on the bus and they are the sweetest thing I have ever seen...I have also never seen eyelashes like theirs!

We arrive in Jaipur and find our way easily to some hotels...they are all claiming to be a rip off. We eventually settle on an ok price for a room and stay at hotel Kalayan. We are elated to find our rooms spotlessly clean, including a television!WOW. Unfortunately we soon come to realise that we would rather have a grubby room and useful friendly staff...this hotel was a bit of mental struggle (more so than usual).

This evening we settled down to relax and watch the 9pm movie...after a few minutes the TV signal went...Alicia nearly broke down. I enjoy India's unpredictability.

Massive love to home xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment