Tuesday 22 March 2011

Alicia sets time...not alarm also gaffa tape does not fix taps.

22/03/2011 
This morning we were woken by alicia's alarm approximately an hour early because for some reason her sleepy head made her change the time last night. Rushing to get breakfast, we wondered why everyone else was still here at 7am when the canoes leave...it was in fact 6am and our bus isnt until 9...thanks Lis.
We are leaving for Bhairawa in order to cross the border in a couple of days. We have found absolutely no difference between 'tourist' and public bus throughout our journey and would easily recommend just getting the public bus for cheapness. I finally read some of The Silmarillion (thats rigfht I chose a non-easy read and I'm regretting it becasue I can never actually be bothered to launch into Tolkien at the end of the day... should have brought a crap book). Didnt get very far as I found it hard to concentrate on the growing evils of Melkor and the creation of Ea in the sweltering heat whilst bumping about trying not to be irritated everytime we stop to cram in more passangers.
We ariived in Bharawa...I would recommend in future to go straight to Lumbini as there are now ample hotels there (our lonely planet is out of date), but everest hotel, Bhairawa did the job. The rickshaw drivers here were on a par with dumre...we wanted to bash them with our rucksacks.
On entering the room I went straight to the bathroom...squat toilet...i actually think these are ok as long as they are reasonably clean...I went to flush..flushed and then...pulled a tap of the wall....half dressed 'LIIIISSSSS, IV BROKEN SOMETHING' water is squirting everytwhere...i put my trousers back on and alicia enters grabs the tap...'lets use gaffa?'...note: gaffa tape does not fix taps...'Ill go and get someone'. I left alicia holding the tap onto the wall stunting the spray a little and went downstairs...the nicely suited up reception man came upstairs...looked panicked and told us we could have the room next door. Cheers dude, Im sorry and I feel bad. Alicia was also annoyed as our first room had a mirror. Sometimes I am a failure.
After dinner we were offered some of the wierd minty (not minty) things that nepalis have to aid digestion...why not? was my thought...after putting a handful into my mouth and thanking the waitor with mouth still full I ran upstairs and spat them out...that is why not. We were tired and then napped xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment