Thursday 10 March 2011

"No dad, thats the railway museum!!" and, friends are awesome.

Alicia and Me
 Success, we are out the door and on the road, the world is our oyster, start as you mean to go on...

Our trip began with a pleasant good bye and chocolate cakes from mummy Silvester, YUM. Our little brother has requested that we email every day, this may or may not happen.

In the car, half way to the train station we realise we are possibly, no definitely running late. At a roundabout entering Peterborough, our dad spots a sign with a picture of a train on and enquires,

"Is that the train station?"
Our response is in the title.

We arrive at the train station at approx 13.57.45 our train leaves at 13.58.00, all I can say at this point is thank god for late trains.

Somewhere in the commotion Lis asks, "Where's my phone?"
 Oh dear, I am a failure.
I respond, whilst laughing, "I left it in the car."
"Yeah right" Alicia says disbelievingly.
Still in fits of unapologetic giggles "No, really." Oops. 


I think Alicia now secretly has it in for me because I have rendered her phoneless. Laughter is the best way I have found to cope with the misfortune I impale myself with at every opportunity and will, I hope, be a saving grace for every mistake I make on the trip...

Arriving in London, I drops many tickets all over platform. Alicia looks at me with disappointment as a woman stops me to hand them back. Many thanks and obviously, laughter ensued. The reason for this mishap was due to the fact I was trying to express my love for Steve Backshall, the children's wildlife show presenter, to Alicia and not concentrating on the flailing of my arms or anything else. We are about two hours into the next two months together and I'm pretty sure she already wants to kill me.

After a short trip on the tube, we alight in Loughton where we are excited to see the last guaranteed friendly faces of journey. It only takes a few minutes before I blunder once again. In Sainsburies buying some dinner, I manage to block my credit card, today is a particularly good day.

Despite my idiocy we had the best time because good friends are amazing. Anna cooked us up a dream veggie spaghetti  bolognese and with a swift trip to the bank I sorted out my credit card.
The best bit of this leg of the journey was a surprise visit from my handsome friend Jim...he got me flowers. I cannot think of a better beginning for this adventurous mission. XXX

Smile

Today requires a few thankyous:
Mum for the scrummy cakes.
Dad for the lift to the train station.
Britsh rail for being in sync with my families appalling time keeping.
Nice lady for picking up my train tickets.
Anna, Roisin and Chris for hosting us for the night.
Jim, because you are a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment