Friday 18 March 2011

Drawing inspiration from Phewa Tal

Today is chill out day, we are anticipationg carnage tomorrow for 'Holi', the festival of colour, and have armed ourselves with some badly fitting clothing to get us through the day.

Last night we went to an Italian and had some very delicious vegetable pasta, it does seem wrong to eat Italian when I'm in Nepal but no more so than eating Indian when I'm in England, in fact the best Chinese I can recall eating was consumed in Belgium! Post food we did a bit of pre-chillout day browsing and pricing up, I would like a new pashmina as mine is wearing thin. We found a variety of differnt weighted pashminas for between 400-2000rs (before we try our appauling bartering skills) this still seems a little pricy to me as I can get a thin plain one for approx 300rs on Portobello Lane. Tired, we went to bed.

This morning we have spent our time at the shops, it is much like festival shopping. I have an almost overwhelming urge to buy every tacky things I see so that I can wear it with joy, to my mums disdain, a 'McShit' T-shirt, an 'I Love Nepal T-shirt' or a 'Yak Yak Yak' T-shirt are all considered.

We will spend the afternoon with our sketchpads down by the lake. Going to head back to Fewa restaurant and Bar for a lemon and honey. xxxx
Alicia chillin.

No comments:

Post a Comment