Tuesday 23 August 2011

fun with a yellow 100mm rubber ball.

Juggling. I am focussing my attention across three disciplines which is slow but steady...3 ball, club and contact. My arm muscles and concentration are improving and I have made some new friends in the form of Lincoln Juggling Club. Juggling is the way forwards.


I would also like to sway you to read a fantastic blog by my new Glastonbury friend Sara, she is the only person I've ever met, who I firmly believe could actually be a fairy in disguise. By any terms this means you should take notice of all the important things she has to say...i wish i was a giant anteater... 

On to business...
So far this adventurous calling has not let me down, I'm having a fantastic year. With the festival season drawing to a close, signifying the end of what I have come to class as 'Summer' it is time to assess the mission. I have completed my initially confirmed adventure plans:


'So far the the adventures I have lined up are:
- to travel with my sister adventurous-times.blogspot.com from Kathmandu, Nepal to Goa, India.
- to Skydive for charity http://www.justgiving.com/giselle-Silvester any sponsorship would be much appreciated!
- to have a brilliant Summer of festivals.'


These and many more adventures have been amazing.


Although my general aim is not to snub any new frontier be it learning to recognise garden bird sounds, learning to balance a sphere on my head or swimming in the north sea at 6am (all of which are wondrous adventures I've embarked on in the last month), I feel things become more purposeful and that I can tackle bigger challenges with a hard and fast focus. So I am confirming some plans and tickling the mission with more ferocity:

- To live in London. One of the most terrifying, enticing crazy places in the world is right on my doorstep, riddled with challenge and adventure like its got warts. If I am to embrace all the world has to offer I will start in the homeland and pitch The Big Smoke as my challenger.

- To run a marathon. After a few months merely stating that 'I'd like to run a marathon' and thinking about it a lot, which definitely wont help me achieve it, I have decided to take on a 24 week plan. Week 1 in progress.
I am yet to commit to a run but if anyone has one and is planning, or would also like to put some focus in to this with me, then let me know and we can take steps together. After this I want to Joggle a marathon...I wont be satisfied that true adventure has been fulfilled unless i do.

- to finally go to a secret cinema event...secret surprises are always exciting!

Massive Love
The Adventurous Future Spice Shop Owner. 

1 comment:

  1. hehe hello! thanks for the mention of my little blog :) i cannot balance a ball on my head. I can't juggle either, my hand-eye coordination is rubbish! maybe when you move to London you can impart your wisdom? in return I can share marathon knowledge - training tips, hitting the wall, crying when they give you the medal :) for general training wisdom this website is really useful- it's by a man who has run hundreds of marathons (one day Marcus will become him) http://www.halhigdon.com/i particularly like his diet advice because it has a glass of red wine in the accompaning photo :) http://www.halhigdon.com/Articles/Diet.htm
    Enjoy your last festival - and have a happy start to your autumn :) see you in the big smoke i hope!
    x

    ReplyDelete