Monday 4 July 2011

They definitely drink whisky in Heaven.

I can see it now... all the happy colourful folk sat around a toasty fire at dawn (because that's the best time of day) reminiscing about their past lives, playing music, sharing secrets, eating all the most delicious foods from around the world followed by swigging of the finest whisky ever imagined. Undeniably heaven.

Nothing in particular has happened today except for the introduction of some amazing new music in to my life. One of my new festival friends, fondly known as Monkey Boy, set me up an ingenious little thing called a dropbox, where we can share files. He has promised to send me an album of the week because my favourite way to learn about new music is from others. The first instalment came today and, ultimately, I am in love:

Eulogy for Evolution by Ólafur Arnalds. 
If anyone has listened to The Single Man soundtrack, it reminds me of this. Mostly strings and piano, you can't go wrong with evocative violin, I will probably listen to little else all week!


Today has been a day for daydreaming, juggling and listening to beauty.
The New Obsession


P.S If anyone else fancies supplying me with a constant stream of music please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment